Policies: In order to engage volunteers and the public in our daily work, BWAR maintains several social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
BWAR encourages our volunteers, staff, fosters and the public to share comments which relate to a topic being discussed on any of our social media platforms in a productive and non-threatening manner, and consistent with our values.
BWAR accepts the majority of comments made on our platforms, and answers questions about our policies, procedures and protocols within a timely manner (see â€œStandard response timesâ€) as long as those questions are not in violation of the parameters outlined below.
A question or comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity
- Defamation to a person or people
- Name calling and/or personal attacks
- Comments that main purpose are to sell a product
- Comments that are intended to be inflammatory
- Comments that infringe on copyrights
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- Off-topic or irrelevant information
- Comments that contain personal information about the author or another individual
- Photographs that are offensive/graphic in nature
BWAR retains the right to determine which comments violate this policy and to remove such comments. Repeated violations of the BWAR Social Media Comment Policy may cause the author to be blocked from communicating on BWAR social media platforms.
On BWAR private and public social media platforms, the views expressed within comments do not necessarily reflect those of BWAR. Links to other websites do not constitute endorsements of those sites by BWAR, and BWAR is not responsible for the content of external websites.
By posting on a public BWAR social media platform, authors understand and acknowledge that posted information is public and may be used by BWAR for promotional and fundraising purposes. Authors also agree that they will fully indemnify BWAR against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses arising out of a claim by a third party relating to posted material.