Canine Enrichment Team
Bella, at right, would smother you with kisses and adored people, but had many strikes against her since she was a large, a black dog, and a pitbull mix. Plus, she needed to be the only dog in the home. For eight months, she lived at the Adoption Center and received lots of one-on-one attention, training, and love, keeping her healthy and happy until her forever family met her and fell in love.
Lucky for Bella, Brother Wolf Animal Rescue is committed to finding every animal a home, no matter how long it takes. That's a lot of work!
Enter the Canine Enrichment Team. The Team is comprised of our incredible staff and amazing volunteers who work together to help better the lives of our shelter dogs. Each team member is assigned a dog and can follow his or her progress until they're adopted. It's a truly rewarding experience to watch an animal grow and flourish and finally find their true 'forever family'.
As a Team Member you can:
- Distribute food puzzles to keep dogs mentally stimulated
- Provide Aromatherapy and Massage
- Walk dogs around our neighborhood
- Take home a dog for a sleepover
- Take a high energy dog running, or join in the Outward Hounds hiking program
- Spend time together in the "Welcome Home" room -- an area in our thrift store that resembles a living room in a real house. It's quiet, away from all the barking of our adoption center, and is a place where volunteers can relax and hang with an enrichment dog while lounging on the couch, watching some TV.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of our Canine Enrichment Team, please email Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-335-1444. You must complete our short volunteer orientation before becoming part of the enrichment team. Click here for more information or to sign up today.
Donate items to the Canine Enrichment Team:
Donations are gratefully accepted to make our shelter dog's time with us more fun! These include: paper towel or toilet paper rolls, inexpensive toys (think Dollar Store!), peanut butter, Kongs, paper bags for making treat sacks, and PVC pipe between 1"-2" in diameter to make food puzzles. Our doggies thank you for thinking of them!
We've set up an Amazon Wishlist with items our shelter dogs and puppies would adore. Click here for details. Purchases made through the Amazon Wishlist will be shipped directly to the Adoption Center.